When you register for a Mr.Host account, Mr.Host obtains contact information, such as your name, address, and phone number, as well as payment information, such as your credit card number. When you use Mr.Host's service, our systems records information about your session, such as the dates and times of use, and the specific Internet address assigned to you. Finally, Mr.Host keeps records of your payment history and communications you have with Mr.Host's support team.
Mr.Host uses the information it gathers in order to provide you with the best online experience possible. As you might expect, contact information is used to contact you concerning your account and our company. Payment information is used to validate your identity and to bill you for the services and products you order. Information on your online sessions is used to allocate system resources and to ensure compliance with Mr.Host's Terms of Service Agreement.
Information on your communications with Mr.Host's support team is used to address the issues raised by your communications. Mr.Host regularly sends out mailings regarding the operation of its service. We DO NOT send out mailings containing sales or marketing material related to other goods and services. We keep our mailing to strictly informational purposes on the services to which you currently subscribe.
Mr.Host WILL NOT share or disclose information regarding its subscribers except:
- when we receive legal process such as a court order;
- when reasonably necessary to protect the company's rights or property; or
- in emergencies where someone's safety is at risk.
You may correct all of the personal information that Mr.Host has on file for you by visiting the Mr.Host Control Panel. Please keep in mind that under Mr.Host's Terms of Service Agreement, subscribers are required to provide Mr.Host with current contact and billing information.
If you ever leave Mr.Host, Mr.Host will normally delete your personally identifiable account information six months after the account is cancelled, unless we are under a legal obligation to retain it. We preserve account information for this short period of time in the event you wish to reactivate your account and retain your previous e-mail address. However, in the event of any accounting irregularities, Mr.Host reserves the right to retain your contact and billing information as necessary to resolve the matter.
Terms of Service
WHEREAS, Mr.Host/We is an information provider connected to the Internet. Mr.Host offers storage and transfer services over the Internet through access to its servers;
WHEREAS, Customer/Customers seeks to utilize Mr.Host's servers for its own purposes;
WHEREAS, the parties acknowledge that the Internet is neither owned nor controlled by any one entity; therefore, Mr.Host can make no guarantee that any given reader shall be able to access Mr.Host's servers at any given time.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein, the parties agree as follows;
- Customer agrees to a thirty (30) day contract minimum (or six (6) or twelve (12) month contract depending on length of pre-payment), plus prorated amount for the current month, beginning upon commencement of service. In other words, if customer sign-up on the 12th of the month, they are responsible for the prorated amount to the end of the current month (18 days), plus the full thirty (30) days of the next month (or six (6) or twelve (12) month period, depending on the length of pre-payment).
- This contract will automatically renew for successive thirty (30) day periods (or six (6) or twelve (12) month periods, depending on length of pre-payment) for the life of the contract until canceled in writing.
- Disk Storage and Monthly Data Transfer usage beyond what is provided in each individual package, will be billed to Customer, as an additional charge, on the following month. Overusage pricing is outlined on the Mr.Host packages page.
- Mr.Host must receive notice of termination by either first class mail or via e-mail from customer at least 30 days prior to end of a month, or the service will be provided and charged to said customer for the following month. The customer not using the service does not constitute notification of termination.
- Billing is done once a month, on the 1st of the month. payment for the month is due by the 5th of the billing month. If customer fails to pay for their account for 30 days after the date of the invoice, Mr.Host may without further notice, terminate said customers account. Termination does not remove customers' responsibility to pay all fees incurred up to the date of termination.
- A charge of $25 will be applied to customer account in the event of NSF or returned cheques by the issuing institution.
- For purposes of identification, billing and marketing, said customer must provide Mr.Host with accurate, complete, and updated information including your legal name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), and applicable payment data (for example, a credit card number and expiration date).
- It is the customers' responsibility to keep their contact information with Mr.Host current and accurate; Mr.Host may, at any time, terminate accounts that do not have functioning e-mail addresses.
45 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Mr.Host will provide a 45 day money back Guarantee for all Mr.Host services, excluding any domain registration, renewal or transfer, excess bandwidth charges or other charges related to setup or utilization of the services.
- If you are not completely satisfied with our service, for ANY reason, simply contact Mr.Host within the first 45 days, and you will be given a complete refund of the monthly service fee.
- This guarantee does not apply in situations where Mr.Host terminated the account due to a breach of these Terms of Service on the Customer part.
Mr.Host Referrals Program
- The Mr.Host referrals program applies only to Mr.Host customers.
- Referral credits are applied 45 days after the first payment is received from the referred customer.
- Referral credits are service credits only - they are not cash redeemable and are thus, only good towards Mr.Host services.
- Mr.Host shall be the sole arbiter as to the validity of each Referral.
Adult Sites / Unacceptable Content / Copyright Violation
- Pornography and pornographic related merchandising are prohibited under all Mr.Host services. This includes sites that include links to pornographic content elsewhere. Further examples of unacceptable content or links include pirated software, archives of "Warez Sites", game rooms or MUDs, IRC Bots, Egg Drop programs, any kind of illegal software or shareware. In addition sites offering online gambling, casino functionality, sportsbook betting (including offshore), and Internet lotteries are prohibited.
- Violation of indecency and obscenity laws can result in criminal penalties for the violator. Mr.Host can and will not be responsible for the actions of said violator.
- Distribution of Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other destructive activities, such as hacking, can result in serious civil and or criminal liability under federal and state law. Mr.Host does not condone, nor take responsibility for any such activities by said customer.
- Violation of copyrights held by individuals and corporations or other entities can result in civil and criminal liability for the infringer. Mr.Host can and will not be held responsible for the actions of said infringer.
- Mr.Host promotes a mutually professional relationship with its customers. Obscene, abusive, threatening or otherwise harassing communications with agents of the Company, via telephone, email, online chat or other means will result in immediate account termination not withstanding any other terms of this agreement. Violation of this will result in refund ineligibility.
- Defamatory speech distributed over the Internet can result in civil liability for the defamer and litigation against Mr.Host whose facilities were used to distribute the defamatory material. Mr.Host can and will not be held responsible for the actions of said defamer.
Export Control Violations
- The law limits the ability of persons to export encryption software, over the Internet or otherwise, to points outside North America. Mr.Host does not condone, nor take responsibility for any such activities by said customer.
Illegal/Unauthorized Access to Other Computers or Networks
- The illegal or unauthorized accessing, i.e. often known as "hacking", of computers or networks carries potential civil and criminal penalties under both federal laws and the laws of most states. Mr.Host does not condone, nor take responsibility for any such activities by said customer.
- Mr.Host services are not to be used as a software/image repository. This means customer cannot use their account to store images that are pulled from another website. An example of this would be storing images to be pulled from an eBay auction site.
- Customer acknowledges that Mr.Host cannot provide technical support for any software and/or script that the customer installs. Mr.Host supplies technical support for webhosting issues only. Mr.Host shall be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a "webhosting" issue.
- Unsolicited, commercial mass e-mailing (known as "spamming") is a strongly disfavored practice among Internet users and web hosting providers. It is particularly harmful not only because of its negative impact on consumer attitudes toward us, but also because it can overload our equipment and disrupt service to our customers. This includes listing a hosted domain in any unsolicited email. Mr.Host will not tolerate spamming. A single offense will result in the immediate termination of service. Mr.Host shall be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a "spamming" offense.
Commercial Software / Download Sites
- Customers are not permitted to have any commercially available software, fixes, patches or electronic media (ex. MP3s, AVI, WAVE, etc.) for download on their sites. We reserve the right - at any time, to terminate service if we find that customer has violated this term. Additionally, should customer be found to be in violation of any licensing agreements currently in place, we reserve the right to permanently terminate said customers service without refund. In English - no download sites.
- Mr.Host is not responsible for loss of customer content due to server or hardware failure. It is the customer's responsibility to have a full backup of all their content, including, but not limited to: website content, email, databases.
Other Activities, whether lawful or unlawful, that we determine to be harmful to our customers, operations or reputation, including any activities that restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the service or the Internet will also result in immediate termination of service.
As we have pointed out, the responsibility for avoiding the harmful activities just described rests primarily with the customer. We will not, as an ordinary practice, monitor the communications of our customers to ensure that they comply with our policy or applicable law. When we become aware of harmful communications, however, we may take any of a variety of actions. We may remove information that violates our policies, implement screening software designed to block offending transmissions, or take any other action we deem appropriate, including termination of a customer's contract with us.
We also are concerned with the privacy of on-line communications. The Internet is not considered a secure medium; therefore Mr.Host cannot take any responsibility for the security of communications transmitted over our facilities.
We will comply fully, with all applicable laws concerning the privacy of our customers' on-line communications. In particular, we will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private electronic mail messages sent or received by our customers unless required to do so by law. We may, however, monitor our service electronically to determine that our facilities are operating to satisfaction. Also, we may be required to disclose information transmitted through our facilities in order to comply with court orders, statutes, regulations or governmental requests. Finally, we may disclose information transmitted over our facilities where necessary to protect us and our customers from harm, or where such disclosure is necessary to the proper operation of the system.
Finally, we wish to emphasize that in signing the Services Agreement, customers indemnify us for any violation of the customer of the Services Agreement, or of law or corporate policies, which results in loss to us or the bringing of any claim against us. This means that if we are sued because of activities of the customer that violate any law, the Services Agreement or this policy (which is part of the Services Agreement), the customer will pay any damages awarded against us, plus costs and reasonable attorneys' fees.
We reserve the right to permanently discontinue service, at any time, without notice, should customer be found in violation of our aforementioned terms and conditions. Also, any violations of our aforementioned terms and conditions will result in refund ineligibility.
Complaints about violators of our policies should be referred to email@example.com. Each complaint will be investigated.