This evening all Mr.Host web servers have been upgraded to PHP 5.3.6.
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.3.6:
- Enforce security in the fastcgi protocol parsing with fpm SAPI.
- Fixed bug #54247 (format-string vulnerability on Phar). (CVE-2011-1153)
- Fixed bug #54193 (Integer overflow in shmop_read()). (CVE-2011-1092)
- Fixed bug #54055 (buffer overrun with high values for precision ini setting).
- Fixed bug #54002 (crash on crafted tag in exif). (CVE-2011-0708)
- Fixed bug #53885 (ZipArchive segfault with FL_UNCHANGED on empty archive). (CVE-2011-0421)
Key enhancements in PHP 5.3.6 include:
- Upgraded bundled Sqlite3 to version 3.7.4.
- Upgraded bundled PCRE to version 8.11.
- Added ability to connect to HTTPS sites through proxy with basic authentication using stream_context/http/header/Proxy-Authorization.
- Added options to debug backtrace functions.
- Changed default value of ini directive serialize_precision from 100 to 17.
- Fixed Bug #53971 (isset() and empty() produce apparently spurious runtime error).
- Fixed Bug #53958 (Closures can’t ‘use’ shared variables by value and by reference).
- Fixed bug #53577 (Regression introduced in 5.3.4 in open_basedir with a trailing forward slash).
- Over 60 other bug fixes.
For a full list of changes in PHP 5.3.6, see the ChangeLog.